Designing your child’s room is one of the exciting things for parents. There are chances of you getting overwhelmed when it comes to choosing the wallpapers for your room. Though there are many varieties that can stress you, there are ways to choose the best for them.
Your child will keep growing and their choices are going to differ a lot as they age. Therefore, you need to design a room that is suitable for every age (i.e. from birth to puberty).
Image Credit: https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/mock-up-wall-in-child-room-interior-interior-scandinavian-style-3d-rendering-3d-gm692915640-127903189
So, a kid’s wallpaper is the most important thing that you need to choose wisely.
As this will keep the kid attracted to his/ her room
It is commonly seen that an adult will use different rooms for his different activities. But a kid will roam around the entire house, but spend his maximum time in his/her room.
They will do every activity here like sleeping, playing, studying, relaxing, having a good time with their friends etc.
So here is the basic rule to follow while you choose a wallpaper for this room:
- It is your child who is going to spend years here. Therefore, it is advisable to check with the child for his/her choice.
- Yes, you need to guide them throughout the entire process. But listening to your kid’s choices will make it enjoyable for them and peaceful for you too. The best part is they will like it in the future too.
- If you have an older child then you can start by understanding their hobbies and preferences. This is an excellent way to keep them involved and excited while designing their room.
- This will make them feel that this room is their personal space. Through this, you can also start by using playful wallpaper designs or some geometric patterns.
- But remember that your child’s preferences might change with age, and therefore it is better to choose some feature walls.
- You can keep a neutral design for the other three walls and the one wall could be designed as per their choice, which can be changed accordingly.
- It is advisable that you use subtle colours and highlight your child’s hobbies using any decorative items.
- It is always better to choose the wallpaper according to their age. For nurseries, it is better that you choose some primary colours instead of animal prints or pastel hues.
- In fact, you can also make use of big simple shapes that they will be able to recognise.
- While in the toddler stage, your kid would be able to recognise colours and would be learning new motor skills.
- Thus, it is better that you decorate the room with a relaxing and calming effect as he will use this place for sleeping and relaxing. This will also make them distracted and help them get enough sleep.
- Preschoolers are already in that stage of learning new things and having their own preferences.
Image Credit: https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/mock-up-wall-in-child-room-interior-interior-scandinavian-style-3d-rendering-3d-gm692915800-127903245
- So, you can take their help by involving them in choosing the wallpaper that is appropriate for them and what they like. This will indeed be a great time for you and your toddler to engage with each other.
- Once your kid reaches the puberty stage, they are already big enough to make their own decisions and sometimes would go against you. Therefore, you need to learn to compromise.
- We recommend you use colours that are light and bright. Avoid colours that are too stimulating especially the one wall facing opposite your bed. This will let them have a good sleep.
Wallpaper is a great way to lighten up your kid’s room and can be changed as and when the need arises, but remember that you need to choose it wisely.